Saturday, June 12, 2010

Looking back--looking ahead

Looking back at the last week or so, there is never a dull moment!
Friday afternoon--June 4, we did a pizza party in the back yard for Ali and Nasser who celebrate birthdays two days running. Ali was off the the US for 2 weeks Saturday. Sunday I was Toastmaster of the Day at the Rainbow club--fun but requires a lot of preparation! Monday afternoon was American Women of Amman--as VP I am busy with a lot of goings on--great fun that day doing belly dancing--and of course the election of officers found me voted in as Secretary for the coming year.
Tuesday went to give a sewing lesson--to a rank beginner! it went well and that should be interesting. Thursday it was quilting--no quilting done--but Hilda served a great brunch!
Friday was a lazy lady! no oomph! But Miqdad brought in the farm produce~ yikes. Cucumbers and more---immediately put up 2 jars of Kosher dills. Prepared 4 lb of tomatoes and made a sauce (Qalayat banadoora) to go on roasted green wheat (freekeh) for dinner. Finished the table runner for Carla.

So here we are Saturday morning and I am messing around again! We have already prepared 3 kilos (6+ lbs_) of green beans from the farm. I will soon go in and do the little artichokes--the outer leaves are dry so I think they will go down to be soft part and become pickles! More tomatoes! Here's a hint. When they are nice and firm and ripe, put about 6 in a plastic bag and right into the freezer. Use them when you need blanched tomatoes--once thawed the skins peel off! Now what am I going to do with those green peppers? More pickles?

This week looks to be busy as well.
First priority is to sort out my 'office"--being the computer/project room. Ali will be back with Laith next week end and so need to put that room into "guest" condition. Also Randa the Interior Desginer is planning on a remodel and new furniture---have to keep her happy. Still waiting to hear from Ali---when.

Next on my schedule of projects----a paisley quilt! The fabric is handy--but I need to start doing the embroidered squares--the pattern calls for 30 of them. Hmmm. I like the idea and the color scheme, but I think maybe----I might just use a different design or pattern. I also have two UFOs that haven't even been cut. They are still running around in my head. One is a Laurel Burch print Dancing Horses in earth tones---A big star for these. Then there is the peacock one that has been hiding in my stash. beautiful deep blues with gold accents. But first the paisely--I think it might go on my bed.

That covers the review and looking ahead--- next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment